[BUG] baz-import creating different inventory texts (ghosts? and corruption)

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 01:26:04 GMT 2007

> So we probably need some sort of resolution, since converters really are
> a source of corruption for us.

I really think we should look hard at addressing inventories and file
texts by hash to avoid this class of problem.

For importers it is pretty useful to be able to make up arbitrary
revision ids, but that can still be done by treating them as basically
like tags - references to objects that are actually stored by hash.
You could still get disagreements on how

This would require a change in how we handle old formats, at least
within individual revision or inventory texts.  Rather than writing
them back out in the new format, we would normally need to accept
reading the old one.  That's probably possible.

--
Martin