Eclipse Support

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Mon Mar 12 22:43:41 GMT 2007

On (12/03/07 19:30), Guillermo Gonzalez wrote:
> Now, I really apreciate some links/help about how to work with launchpad and
> the project.
>
> 1) how do you work with feature request/enhancements or ToDo's?
>  1.1) I've used Trac, and usually create a ticket for each deature
> request/enhancements. Is the same in launchpad?

You can either open a bug for each in Malone (launchpad's integrated bug
tracker), or launchpad also has support for "specs", which are targeted
more at this sort of thing. It's up to you which approach you choose.

>  1.2) where can I find documentation about this  or about launchpad "best
> practices"?

I think the most likely place in the Ubuntu wiki.

> 2) I need to register as a  member of Bazaar Developers to work in the
> project?

I believe so, but anyone can join, so it's no trouble.

> 3) if the answer of 1) is yes, are any other things I need to do?

I don't quite understand, 1) is not a yes no question as I see it, did
you mean 2).

If so, there's nothing special to do really. It does give you access to
other project that are under the bzr umbrella, and so you'd be expected
not to do naughty or careless things with those privileges.

> 4) I changed the layout of the packages in the new code base. Now it's
> seprated into two "Eclipse project's", one for the core and other for the UI.
> In a few days (or a week), I hope it' going to be ready to be uploaded to the
> main branch. I really appreciate some help abaout how to make this. here are
> my doubt's:
>   4.1) put the to "eclipse projects" under the same branch? or create a
> repository and two branch's, one for each "eclipse project"?

That's up to you. As they will probably only be used together at this
point then keeping them together may be better for you at the moment.
It might be good to keep them separate and then use nested branches when
they mature to work with them together, if you believe that someone may
only want one for some reason.

> I really appreciate some pointers about this issues, mainly because I'm a
> newbie with bazaar, launchpad, and this __kind__ of development.

Feel free to ask any other questions you have.

> PD: think that's all, but I'm in the middle of final exams, so I'ts probably i
> forgot something :P.

Good Luck!

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256