Eclipse Support

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Mar 12 21:25:45 GMT 2007

Guillermo Gonzalez wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I want to inform that I just started to work on a Bazaar Plugin for
> eclipse.
>
>     At the moment I've ported the MercurialEclipse plugin to Bazaar, so
> Bazaar have the same support as Mercurial in Eclipse.
>
>     The supported bazaar commands are: init, add, remove, commit,
> revert, diff and status (and annotate, but it's not tested).
>
>     For the moment that's all. But I'm working in a complete
> rewrite/restructure of it, basically it's a rewrite of the core (mainly
> how bazaar commands are executed) to have more  flexibility and ease the
> implementation of other command's.
>
>     There isn't a project page. For the moment I host an update site for
> eclipse and the bzr branch here:
> <http://steppenwolf.selfip.net/BazaarEclipse>. This is my  PC at home,
> so it may be unavailable.
>
>     I registered this branch in launchpad (thanks poolie):
> <https://code.launchpad.net/~guillo.gonzo/+branches>
>
> Best regards,

I went ahead and created a new "Project" for it in Launchpad, so that
branches have something to be aggregated under.

I know you have it marked as "Experimental", but I went ahead and
created a ~bzr/bzr-eclipse/trunk branch. You are certainly welcome to
modify that to whatever you are happy with. It just makes it easy to track.

Also, I enabled the Launchpad bug tracker for the project. If you have a
problem with any of these things, I'm happy to disable them. I just
figured you didn't realize it was available, so figured I could help you
out by setting them up.

Also, I'm not positive about the naming. We've generally followed the
'bzr-foo' name for a plugin named 'foo' which is a plugin for bzr.

However this is a plugin for Eclipse. So maybe it should be
'eclipse-bzr'. Also, I named it Bazaar Eclipse Plugin. But you could
also name it Eclipse Plugin for Bazaar. (English doesn't seem precise
enough to indicate whether it is a bzr plugin to support Eclipse, or an
Eclipse plugin to support Bazaar).

You can change the title easily through this page:
https://launchpad.net/bzr-eclipse/+edit

To change the project name (bzr-eclipse) I think we have to ask a
Launchpad admin. But I can do that if you want.