a Windows installation problem as user plus two questions...

Stefano Spinucci virgo977virgo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 17:58:24 GMT 2007

On 3/11/07, Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> wrote:

> Stefano Spinucci wrote:
> >
> > My question of the day:
> > to share a repository between windows and linux what is the correct
> > repo configuration/workflow???
>
> One way to approach it is to have a shared branch, and two checkouts of
> that branch.  That will mean that you don't have to specifically push--
> it will happen automatically when you commit.  Instead of pull, you'll
> use update.

Needing also a backup of my repo, I'd like to have two independent
(not shared)repos :
on usb key one --> repo.linux
on usb key two --> repo.win

Then, on repo.win, I'll do:
# before daily work on windows
bzr merge repo.linux
bzr commit
# after daily work on windows
bzr push repo.linux

Otherwise, on repo.linux:
# before nightly work on linux
bzr merge repo.windows
bzr commit
# after nightly work on linux
bzr push repo.windows

It's possible, or I need a third repo between windows and linux ???

thanks

---
Stefano Spinucci