[merge]problems with committing merges in a dirstate tree with a symlink

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Mar 12 15:40:41 GMT 2007

John Arbash Meinel has voted +0.
Status is now: Waiting
Comment:
I'm not sure that we want tearDown to not be called if the test is
skipped in setUp().

Because sometimes the test actually does some setup before it gets to
realize that it must skip. (Like creating an SFTP server, and then
trying to create a Unicode file on disk, and then it realizes it has to
fail).

Now, it is certainly arguable that we can change it so that tests that
are going to skip in setUp() don't leave any state around. But since we
haven't been doing that, I think we need to do it in a different
fashion.

In general with tearDown, we've tried to use self.addCleanup(), which
means that calling tearDown is a no-op if we have already cleaned up.
*And* if we haven't set something up yet, there is no cleanup
registered.

So I'm happy with the test_inv changes, but I think we need to have
tearDown run for every test.

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C20070312033624.GC4419%40cyclops.localdomain%3E