Dirstate state - calling all early adopters

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Mar 7 00:05:05 GMT 2007

Alexander Belchenko wrote:

>>> This simplify me testing of dirstate a lot.
>>>
>> Are you just asking me to submit a merge request? (As in you are going
>> offline and need me to merge it) Or do you need me to clean something up?
>
> I'm not sure I understand policy of working on dirstate.
> How and when you (John, Robert, Martin) merge bzr.dev into dirstate,
> and who also accepted to commit to this branch.
> I can prepare patch with my fixes for dirstate, or?..

Well, I think we merge bzr.dev => dirstate when we feel it needs it. I
realize that is rather loose.

But our policy on dirstate has only really stabilized recently.
Basically, we avoid stepping on each other's toes because we all use a
checkout. And we just coordinate over IRC.

The branch itself is owned by the Bazaar group, so you should actually
have direct commit rights on it.

At first I thought you were asking for me to merge your changes into
bzr.dev, and it didn't make sense.

This all may be moot if dirstate gets merged into bzr.dev by tomorrow.

But certainly, I'll make sure any win32 fixes you land in bzr.dev get
merged into dirstate.