bzr svn propedit equivalent

Sabin Iacob iacobs at m0n5t3r.info
Thu Mar 1 15:36:12 GMT 2007

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> The settings don't refer to particular files, so they're not like
> subversion file properties.

So, while "propedit" would be fit here, as we are editing a (branch)
property/attribute, the name could be confusing for subversion users
accustomed to the command editing file attributes.

Would something like "set" be better (bzr set option value)? other ideas?

I am also thinking about making the tree namespace the default, since
.bzr/branch.conf travels with the branch when moving stuff around, while
settings from locations.conf would have to be regenerated (or updated by
hand). What would be the concerns? The wiki says that some options like
post_commit are ignored due to security concerns (?), for instance.