[merge] tags in Branch

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Feb 27 20:19:14 GMT 2007

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:14:45PM +1100 I heard the voice of
Martin Pool, and lo! it spake thus:
> Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> > - Doing a 'pull' doesn't reset tags.  Neither does 'pull --overwrite'.
> >   Tags that were on the old branch are still around after it, even if
> >   the two branches share no ancestry.
>
> Yes, overwrite should probably clobber them.  I'm not so sure about
> pull without overwrite.

Whoops, forgot this point in my last mail.

I tend to think it should.  After a "pull" succeeds, my expectation is
that my branch is now practically identical to the upstream.  It's
surprising to find it not.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net