[merge] tags in Branch

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Feb 27 20:16:49 GMT 2007

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:14:45PM +1100 I heard the voice of
Martin Pool, and lo! it spake thus:

> (The problem with just writing automated tests is they don't have much
> common sense...)

"... I have only proven it correct, not tested it."   8-}

> > - Moving/deleting a tag, without adding new revisions, leaves a
> >   'merge' of the changed branch not knowing of anything to do.
>
> I'm not sure I understand - do you mean that you need to merge to
> get the changes, but merge won't tell you so?

I probably should have taken that out of the mail; I put it in there
before I noticed that merge never grabbed move/delete'd tags.

Now, it IS a little blink-inducing when merge returns with "Nothing to
do.", even though it DID pull a new tag over (and ditto for pull
saying 'No revisions to pull', and then pulling a tag).  I'm not sure
where the best line to draw about the amount of information given is,
though.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net