[MERGE][0.15] Bugfix #82086: Searching location of CA bundle for PyCurl in env variable (CURL_CA_BUNDLE), and on win32 along the PATH

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Feb 26 16:17:32 GMT 2007

Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel ?8H5B:
>> John Arbash Meinel has voted +1 (conditional).
>> Status is now: Conditionally approved
>> Comment:
>> I don't think it should search in cwd, since that is where people are
>> writing code. It can be in the dir of 'bzr' or in the dir of 'bzrlib',
>> but shouldn't ever look in '.'
>
>> Otherwise, +1.
>
> Why not, actually?
> User can do:
>
> $ bzr revno https://launchpad.net/foo
> $ bzr log https://launchpad.net/foo
> $ bzr branch https://launchpad.net/foo
> $ bzr checkout https://launchpad.net/foo
>
> And in all cases current working dir may or may not contains
> any bzr working tree.

Those are true, but something like curl-ca-bundle.crt should be a system
file, and finding it in "." is usually a bad thing. If the user *wants*
to find it there, they should be explicit about it.

Remember the issues we've had when bzr accidentally imports code from
the current working directory because of bugs in python's default path.

This is a similar issue. Your current working directory should not
affect your ability to connect to https hosts.