[MERGE] bzr rm should delete the working file (Bug #82602)

Jari Aalto jari.aalto at cante.net
Tue Feb 20 17:28:56 GMT 2007

Joseph Wakeling <joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> writes:
>> * 'bzr del' and 'bzr delete' unversions and deletes.
>
> You could do this, or you could add it as a flag to bzr remove
> (bzr rm -D for example, as John Whitley suggested).
>
> I personally think that using remove -D and rm -D is preferable for a
> couple of reasons.  First, I really don't like the idea of having
> "dangerous" commands which by default can result in data loss.

I second to that. No new command but a flag to "rm". However, there are two
problems with -D:

- the option is unintuitive for those having *nix background.
- letter is capitalized (need to press extra shift-key)

Howabout:

  --purge -p

If we find that "delete" it shouöd be, then please use lowercase "-d".

Jari