[MERGE] bzr rm should delete the working file (Bug #82602)

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 08:01:08 GMT 2007

Hi guys,

in this today's the bundle:

      ``bzr remove`` and ``bzr rm`` will now remove the working file.
      This has been done for consistency with svn and the unix rm command.
      The old ``remove`` behaviour has been retained in the new command
      ``bzr unversion``, which will just stop versioning the file,
      but not delete it.

Note, I do not support recursive delete, I think it should only be done if a
--recurse option is given.
Let me know if I need to support recursion for this bundle to be merged.

please be careful!
I will not be held responsible for lost data!!
do not do the following:
$vi a
<hack hack hack>
$bzr add a
<realise you don't want to add it now>
$bzr remove a
<WHOOPS, data gone!>

don't say I did not warn you. (we probably need to warn the bzr.dev and
release(candidate) users explicitly)
bye
MariusKruger

--