Debugging a bazaar plugin

Nicholas Allen allen at ableton.com
Fri Feb 9 15:39:26 GMT 2007

Thanks. I have to say, I'm really quite impressed at how quickly bzr is
developed and how rock solid stable it is given the lack of integrated
debuggers/tools, it's needed complexity, and lack of static type
checking due to choice of Python language. I guess this would be
impossible without the unit tests. I've always been a fan of static type
analysis as it enables better tool integration, detection of spelling
mistakes in method names, better refactoring, navigation and
documentation. Coming from a static type background it can be
frustrating once you are used to the tools and these benefits.

Anyway, it could take me a while to get used to Python tools and
language but I hope I can contribute something back soon ;-)

Nick