0.15 release date changes

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Feb 7 08:30:43 GMT 2007

We're now in the last scheduled week of development for 0.15.  Some very
useful changes have come in (or will shortly).  Two in particular I
think will be appreciated by many users fixing bugs related to files
changing kind (eg from file to symlink), and allowing bzr mv after the
file has been moved.

We had wanted in this release[0] to to several medium-large changes:
splitting the inventory, changing to a new working inventory format
(dirstate), adding tags and making the smart server smarter.  I know
people have been working hard on them both in Amsterdam and elsewhere,
but it looks like most of them will not land by next Monday.

Therefore (wearing my release manager hat) I propose we change the
schedule to allow another two weeks of development, so we can get more
features into this release.  The new dates would then be:

  26 Feb    feature freeze
   5 Mar    release candidate
  12 Mar    release

This doesn't mean we're going away from time-based reviews: if we don't
get these in by the final freeze date then we will go without them.  But
I certainly hope we can get several of them in.

--
Martin

[0] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/2007q1/021586.html