0.15 plans

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Jan 25 23:52:00 GMT 2007

I'll be the release manager for the 0.15 release.

Because we have some big features to land, and because Andrew, Robert
and myself are working on other projects this week (Launchpad and
Ubuntu), I'd like to add one week to the development phase.  That would
give these dates:

  Feb 12    feature freeze - concentrate on bug fixes for this week

  Feb 19    0.15 release candidate - mainline reopens

  Feb 26    bzr 0.15 released

You can get these as ical from

  http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/guihot0nclfmtb0brb8jlkt1so%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

or

  http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=guihot0nclfmtb0brb8jlkt1so%40group.calendar.google.com

We're going to continue a performance push in this release.  In
particular I am going to split up the stored inventory to speed up
larger trees, John is working on dirstate (for faster workingtree
operations), and Andrew is going to make the smartserver smarter and
faster.  There is scope for more improvement and I'd really encourage
other people to measure and optimize some area they notice.

Reply if you'd like to say what you plan to work on, or what you'd like
others to work on.

--
Martin