[bzr-gtk] Branch, Checkout, and Push dialog refactoring

Szilveszter Farkas szilveszter.farkas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 14:12:12 GMT 2007

Hi Vincent,

> Can you share some examples ?
>
> [...]
>
> Again, what "things" are you referring to ?

To build the same interface, I need to write less lines of code in
Python than in Glade. That's an important "thing". I know there's the
Glade designer, but it crashes a lot, and it's not that easy to use
(at least not easier than writing a few lines of code).

> That, I understand, but I think designing a function that
> searches the import path should not be that hard and address most
> of the problems.

The problem is a thing called FHS (Filesystem Hierarchy Standard),
which describes what locations should be used for what on Linux (and
maybe UNIX, too) systems. That means we cannot just put the glade file
into the import path (AFAIK).

Cheers,
Szilveszter / phanatic