2 way sync between bzr and svn using tailor?

Nicholas Allen allen at ableton.com
Thu Feb 1 14:52:06 GMT 2007

Hi,

I would like to start testing how suitable bzr is for our development.
Currently we use svn and I do not want to change the server for now so
ideally I would like to be able to create a bzr branch from subversion
and merge back and forth between bzr and svn.

bzr-svn plugin is not suitable for this purpose as it creates a complete
copy of the repository which would be simply too huge. I have managed to
convert one of the projects on the trunk in our repository to a bzr
branch using tailor. It took about a week to convert but now I have it!
The thing is I am trying to work out how I can commit changes back from
the bzr branch of trunk to subversion. It would be nice if I could use
tailor to do this so that it works in both directions. Unfortunately, I
couldn't find much on the web that described how one would go about
this. What little I did find was not related to bzr and svn as well. I
was wondering if anyone had some ideas about this or has tried this
themselves and could offer some advice.

Thanks,

Nick