[merge] tags in repository

David Allouche ddaa at canonical.com
Tue Jan 30 17:08:15 GMT 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:19:42 +0200, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> I like tags in CVS and don't understand difference between tags and branches in SVN.
> So it's good for me.

Actually, you _do_ understand the difference between tags and branches in svn.

There isn't any.

Anybody claiming that "svn has tags" is either confused or deceptive.

Actually, "svn has branches" is also factually wrong. Svn has directories.

But svn does have pretty good support for directories.

--
                                                            -- ddaa