[merge] tags in repository

Ilpo Nyyssönen iny+news at iki.fi
Thu Jan 25 05:06:16 GMT 2007

Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> writes:

> Martin Pool пишет:
>> This adds tags stored in the repository, and visible across branches in
>> that repository.  Adding a tag doesn't require a commit.  Tags are
>> 'global' across projects so people should use them appropriately - eg
>> putting the project name at the start of the tag like 'bzr-0.14'.
>
> I don't think the prefix it's a big problem. I'm personally tends to keep
> in one shared repository only branches of one project and don't mix
> projects.

Good for you. Not so good for someone who has put several projects to
same repository. When that someone pushes or someone other pulls from
him/her, all the other project tags go too.

Essentially this forces to keep separate projects in separate
repositories. I don't like it. For me it has been useful to be able to
put several small projects under same directory and to have that
directory as repository.

But maybe the benefits from this are so small that it is better to
just branch without a repository. After all, small projects take so
little space.

--
Ilpo Nyyssönen # biny # /* :-) */