Crash when branching BugsEverywhere

Nicholas Allen allen at ableton.com
Thu Jan 25 16:24:25 GMT 2007

> You need to install my plugin win32symlinks.

Ok thanks. Shouldn't bzr display a more user friendly message though? Like:

"Branch can not be created because Windows does not support symlinks and
the branch contains symlinks.
There is a plugin called win32symlinks that emulates this under Windows.
Please install this plugin and try again."
> And please, please, please: don't mix native win32 bzr and cygwin.
What is the reason for this? The cygwin shell is much nicer than the DOS
one. So much so that I can't bring myself to use the DOS prompt and the
cygwin version is out of date and slow. I think it should work
regardless of which prompt I use. I can't think of a reason why it
shouldn't - env variables perhaps. Everything seems to work and this
problem also exists from DOS prompt. I haven't had any other issues
using native bzr in cygwin (other than the prompts not working in
Terminator and gnome-terminal).