[merge] tags in repository

Nicholas Allen allen at ableton.com
Thu Jan 25 11:15:22 GMT 2007

> Good for you. Not so good for someone who has put several projects to
> same repository. When that someone pushes or someone other pulls from
> him/her, all the other project tags go too.

I agree too. Currently, in bzr you could make your home directory a
shared repository so that all projects are stored in the same repo and
you don't have to keep setting up new ones for new projects. I don't
work like this but I can see how some people might like to. If the tags
are mapped across the repository then this would cause lots of problems
wouldn't it? Nothing stops a developer doing this and then they will get
all sorts of problems with the tags if they are not unique across all
projects. I would also like to give a tag like 0.1 without having to
specify my-project-0.1.

I would like versioned tags that are part of a branch and not repository.

Nick