What about provide some metadata for branches ?

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Sun Jan 21 16:24:11 GMT 2007

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 13:15:26 +0100, Nicholas Allen wrote:
> It sounds good to me! From an implementation point of view I wonder if
> it makes sense to wait for versioned properties. This meta data could
> then just be properties on the root directory.

This suggestion does not sound right to me.

For one thing, versioned properties themselves now seem to me like a wrong
thing.  Metadata is just data, so I now think metadata is best served by
special files (and filtering when reading/writing them from/to disk).

Besides I am not sure this data should be versioned. Basically they don't
describe the revisions, but rather the branch at particular location. Ie. at
http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr/bzr.dev it would say it's mainline for bazaar, but
if I branch it, my branch should not say that.

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz>