[MERGE] Fix test run from non-branch in repo

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Jan 17 01:32:36 GMT 2007

On 16 Jan 2007, James Westby <jw+debian at jameswestby.net> wrote:
> On (16/01/07 15:41), John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> > Anyway, I'm very pro the fix, if you could write a test case for it, I
> > would happily +1 the whole thing.
>
> I'm quite happy I got the fix, but I'm at a loss for test ideas, unless
> the test constructs a repo and then puts itself in it.
>
> Apologies for missing the orginal reports, but I assumed as I hit it in
> the tests then it would have been fixed if found.

(Just brainstorming...)

You could add something to 'make check' that makes a repo, copies bzrlib
into it, and then runs that particular test.  But to be honest I'm not
sure the complication would really be justified.

You could modify and then restore the __file__ attribute, but that's
also a bit distasteful...

On the whole I think it would be ok to just take the patch, unless
someone else can think of a clean way to test it.

--
Martin