Bazaar as Subversion replacement

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Jan 16 17:02:53 GMT 2007

Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 18:38 +0200, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>> John Arbash Meinel пишет:
>>> I thought Olive had a built-in diff between revisions. Specifically the
>>> same diff as provided by 'bzr gdiff' (when you install bzr-gtk). And the
>>> same one that shows up when you double click a line in 'bzr gannotate'.
>> gdiff is not very useful at this moment. It's even don't have coloring
>> of diff!
> It does, but you have to make sure to install gtksourceview and it's
> python bindings are installed. See
> http://samba.org/~jelmer/bzr/gdiff-colors.png
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jelmer

Do you know if these are available for edgy? I have:

% sudo apt-cache search sourceview
libgtksourceview-common - common files for the GTK+ syntax highlight...
libgtksourceview-dev - development files for the GTK+ syntax highlig...
libgtksourceview-doc - documentation for the GTK+ syntax highlightin...
libgtksourceview1.0-0 - shared libraries for the GTK+ syntax highlig...
libgtk2-sourceview-perl - Perl wrappers for the GtkSourceView widget
libgtksourceview-cil - CLI binding for the gtksourceview library
libgtksourceview1-ruby - GTKSourceView bindings for the Ruby language
libgtksourceview2.0-cil - CLI binding for the gtksourceview library
libgtksourceviewmm-1.0-1 - C++ binding of GtkSourceView (library)
libgtksourceviewmm-1.0-dev - C++ binding of GtkSourceView (headers)
liblablgtksourceview-ocaml - OCaml bindings for libgtksourceview, a ...
liblablgtksourceview-ocaml-dev - OCaml bindings for libgtksourceview...
monodoc-gtksourceview-manual - compiled XML documentation for GtkSou...
monodoc-gtksourceview2.0-manual - compiled XML documentation for Gtk...

And I have installed most of them.

And then I have 'python-gtk2' installed, but I couldn't find any python
binding that was specific to 'sourceview'. I can obviously see that
there are '-ocaml' and '-ruby', etc bindings. I'm wondering if there was
supposed to be '-python' bindings.

Do you know what you are using?