Lack of deprecation period for short option changes

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Thu Jan 11 20:34:10 GMT 2007

On (11/01/07 00:05), Wouter van Heyst wrote:
> It would be my preference if bzr and bzrtools are maintained by the same
> people. Do you know if the utnubu team would be ok with switching
> maintainership, or perhaps including others?

Hi Wouter,

I think this is the best solution, but I don't know how they would feel
about it. My only contact with them was supplying a patch to get the
current version uploaded. I think it would be best if someone who was
actually willing to help approached them about it, and it seems like you
might be. It is also good as you are co-maintainer of bzr.

I'm not sure what they will say as they are not just a maintainence
team, but a project, an idea, an experiment. They might see this as
a failure for their project and be reluctant to hand over the package.
However I shouldn't assume, and see what happens if they are contacted.

As for including others I assume they would let others join the team,
but that seems like it is committing to more that just bzrtools, but
that's a decision for the person who was offering to help.

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256