Lack of deprecation period for short option changes

Lars Wirzenius liw at liw.iki.fi
Thu Jan 11 01:11:49 GMT 2007

On to, 2007-01-11 at 12:00 +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
> As far as I can make out from that page, the maintainer is still Rob
> Weir, who disappeared from the net some time ago -- that might account
> for some delays.

Yeah. Back when I added myself as an Uploader to the bzr package in
Debian, I decided not to change the Maintainer from Rob until we knew
what happened to him. I still don't know. On the other hand, I dropped
out from maintaining the bzr package as well.

> How about if Etienne makes the packages, and someone (Wouter? Jeff
> Bailey?) sponsors their upload into Debian?  Then they should always be
> at least in experimental within a few days of release.

Any other Debian Developer could sponsor the upload as well. I'm
available, if Jeff is busy, for example. I don't have time go get
involved with the package as a full maintainer, but I can sponsor
uploads.

--
Even a bad picture is worth 500 words. --Droidy