0.14 release schedule

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Mon Jan 8 04:46:27 GMT 2007

On 05/01/2007, at 3:30am, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> Wouter van Heyst wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> my release management duties have slipped a bit, sorry about that :/
>>

>> If we feature freeze next monday, a standard two week period of
>> bugfixes
>> and stabilisation buffer will give us a 0.14 final on January the
>> 22th,
>> 8 weeks after bzr.dev opened again.
>>
>> Since there were no commits to bzr.dev between December the 22th and
>> January the 2nd, perhaps we could make do with a slightly shorter
>> buffer, but in my opinion it will not win us much. If people have
>> some
>> (big) features in mind they need a bit more time for, please speak
>> up.
>>
>> Otherwise I propose to go with the following schedule:
>>
>>     January  8th, 0.14 feature freeze
>>     January 15th, 0.14rc1, bzr.dev reopened for 0.15
>>     January 22th, 0.14 final
>>
>> Wouter van Heyst
>
> While the schedule probably slipped a bit, I know I was on vacation
> for
> the last week and a half, as were most of the rest of us.
>
> And since it isn't really possible to freeze in retrospect, we
> might as
> well go with this schedule. +1 from me.

That's OK with me too.

Since the Launchpad calendar feature is currently inactive I have
made a Google calendar to publish the dates:

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=guihot0nclfmtb0brb8jlkt1so%
40group.calendar.google.com
http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/guihot0nclfmtb0brb8jlkt1so%
40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/guihot0nclfmtb0brb8jlkt1so%
40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic

--
Martin