[MERGE] Before actually using encoding need to check that Python has corresponding codec (v.2)

Aaron Bentley aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca
Tue Jan 2 12:45:59 GMT 2007

Aaron Bentley has voted +1 (conditional).
Status is now: Conditionally approved
Comment:
Nice work.  I didn't realize how involved it would be.

I'm pretty sure you don't need this line:
#class FakeCodec

Also, I think you want "Windows says "cp0" when there is no encoding)",
not "Windows tell..."  (The object of "tell" is the person being told.)

And when you override getpreferredencoding, shouldn't you set it back to
the previous value at the end of the test?

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3Cemrg1d%24rlu%241%40sea.gmane.org%3E