loggerhead: alternative web front-end

Robey Pointer robey at lag.net
Mon Dec 25 06:11:04 GMT 2006

On 21 Dec 2006, at 2:52, Nicholas Allen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Loggerhead is really cool! It's actually one of the best web
> interfaces
> I have used for any VCS ;-)

Thanks! :)

> I have a few more suggestions though:
>
> * It would be nice if you could specify a directory in the conf
> file and
> it would automatically find branches under that directory. Then if
> a new
> branch is pushed into the directory loggerhead would automatically
> show
> it without needing changes to loggerhead.conf.

That would be cool -- added to my TODO list.

Although, with that mode, you would still have to add descriptions
manually if you want them, since I don't think bazaar supports a
branch description (does it?), just nickname.

> * It would be nice if you could also register new branches to be
> monitored and served through the web interface itself without
> having to
> edit the config file. This would be great in a distributed team where
> other team members can register their branches without having
> access to
> the loggerhead.conf file on a central server.

That would be cool too, though it gets into logins & user accounts,
which I was hoping to avoid.

> * I would also like it if loggerhead to send emails on commits and
> that
> users can register interest in a branch and provide an email
> address to
> receive notifications. The format of the email could be customized in
> loggerhead.conf (to list what files were modified for example and to
> have links in the email to see their modifications on the web server).

I agree with the later post that said this is probably better left to
special email-on-commit scripts.

robey