Webpage changes proposal from a beginners perspective

Martin argentina at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 15:46:53 GMT 2006

First of all, a quick hello to everyone.
I landed in #bzr looking for help and it seems I can help out a little too.

Basically I want to document all the problems I've had trying to learn
how to use bazaar, starting from the very beginning: the webpage.

Bazaar being a new project, the first thing I expected to see is:

- Documentation (Reference Guide)
- Beginners Guide (Simple walkthrough)

One very simple change that would of done a *BIG* difference would
have been renaming the "Learn" icon to "Documentation".
I missed it completely, and a few other users in IRC did too.

The next logical step to me, once I clicked on the "Documentation"
icon would have been finding very clearly and big (icons?) for the 2
main items:

- Documentation (http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr-0.13/bzr_man.htm)

- Beginners Guide (http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/tutorial.htm)

Both of these exist, but if it wasn't for the extremely helpful
folks in #bzr, I would of never found the *Documentation*, and it took me a
while until I stumbled into the *Beginners Guide*, which is named
"Bazaar User Manual".

My third and last comment would be another simple icon name change.
Changing "get" to "download".

This is as far as I got today, and will continue to learn bazaar and
go through the process.
I will try to document as accurately as possible every step in:
http://bazaar-vcs.org/MartinAlbisetti/WebpageChanges

regards,

Martin Albisetti