Bzr bind/unbind ideas

Nicholas Allen nick.allen at onlinehome.de
Sun Dec 3 12:19:37 GMT 2006

The way I work, it is useful to have a
> push command that reorders revision history.

The suggestion I am making would not prevent you doing this anyway. You
could still pass the --overwrite option to push and they would be
reordered on the push location. It's just that the default for push
would be to prevent this - and I think that is a reasonable default.

Basically how bzr handles bound branches would become the default
behaviour for pushing. You would have to run update (or some other
command that has the same behaviour as update does currently on a bound
branch). But you could also run push --overwrite if you didn't mind the
revision history changing order.

Nick