[MERGE] alias to respect spaces in quoted arguments

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Nov 29 18:08:15 GMT 2006

Marius Kruger wrote:
> Ok, here's a better bundle, with tests and all.
> Which lets you quote some arguments for aliased commands.
>
> In order to get it tested, I had to add an optional parameter
> to the get_alias function in commands.py , which
> is hopefully not a problem.
>
> I also renamed test_command.py to test_commands.py
> which is the correct name as far as I can tel. I did ask about
> it on this mailing list, but didn't get any responses, so I just did it.
> ("Its easier to say sorry, than ask permission." -- Gerard van Harmelen)
>
> regards
> marius

test_commands is the right name, though I'm not sure if it is critical
enough that we have to do it. But since it is done ...

You have:

 import errno
+from cStringIO import StringIO

But cStringIO comes before errno. (Imports should be in sorted order)

You should have a blank line between the class declaration and the first
entry, and a space between function arguments:

+class TestGetAlias(TestCase):
+    def __get_config(self,config_text):

should be:

+class TestGetAlias(TestCase):
+
+    def __get_config(self, config_text):

Also, I find __ to be much worse than just using _ to indicate something
is private.

+        Used to specify an alternative config to use,
+        which is especially usefull for testing.

useful only has 1 l

the rest seems pretty good.