[ANNOUNCE] Example Cogito Addon - cogito-bundle

Petr Baudis pasky at suse.cz
Wed Oct 18 21:46:18 BST 2006

Dear diary, on Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 09:57:04PM CEST, I got a letter
where Sean <seanlkml at sympatico.ca> said that...
> Couldn't these just as easily have been written as git-bundle and
> git-unbundle without needing any plugins or other cogito infrastructure?

They could be written, but certainly not "just as easily". I'm more used
to coding Cogito, I find it much more convenient than hacking git's
shell scripts (those two may be interconnected ;), and there's plenty of
infrastructure in Cogito missing in Git - Cogito has more flexible
arguments parsing, documentation bundled with code, I could just
cut'n'paste the code to handle -m arguments and message editor (and most
of it is libified anyway) so I got that basically for free, and I think
Cogito beats Git hands down in code readability.

> Not sure if it would be useful, but it shouldn't be too hard to have
> same commit ids regenerated at receiving end with git patches.

It would be of course technically possible, yes. But somewhat more work,
this is just a quick hack.

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
Stuff: http://pasky.or.cz/