[BUG in tar-import] update_ids removes the tree root

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Oct 5 06:09:59 BST 2006

Hi Aaron,
	while working on tree optimisations John and I found that your
update_ids() call in upstream_import.py ends up invoking

tree.remove([''])

which removes the inventory root id. Its arguably a bug that the tree
object supports this when there is content in the tree - and I'll file a
bug in Malone in a minute about that, but I thought you'd like a heads
up on this, as unversioning the root, when the inventory has a
non-default root, can be considered bad :)

-Rob