Windows standalone installer and Plugins

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Sep 26 17:00:46 BST 2006

DeeJay wrote:

> Alexander wrote:

> I think that ConfigParser is invoked when setting up the webserve plugin
> to work alongside a mainstream
> webserver such as apache? It does not seem to be a prerequisite for
> deploying webserve's own web
> server via 'bzr webserve'. The latter mode of use is sufficient for me
> at the present time. Users capable
> of running their own installation of apache are probably in a position
> to install the python-based
> distribution of bzr for windows to support it.
>
> The failure of ConfigParser to import when using bzr.exe has been
> reported directly to Goffredo Baroncelli.
>
> deejay
>
> PS: the ability to run an instance of 'bzr webserve' on a local machine
> to give a browser interface to
> a remote 'conventional' repository is very simple and effective. Try
>   bzr webserve --port=9099 "Official repository"
> http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr/bzr.dev
> and go to http://127.0.0.1:9099....

I recently registered the 'webserve' plugin in Launchpad. While I don't
know if Goffredo wants to use it specifically, it does provide a bug
tracker.

I created it mostly as a way to have his code automatically mirrored
somewhere safe, since it is a useful plugin.
https://launchpad.net/products/bzr-webserve

I know Goffredo doesn't have a Launchpad account yet, which may be for a
reason. I've attributed the stuff to the generic 'bzr' group, so anyone
should be able to update them as needed. I'd rather give the official
branches to Goffredo, but as he doesn't have an account...