Windows standalone installer and Plugins

DeeJay smartgpx at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 16:52:44 BST 2006

Alexander wrote:

"Problem details:

hgweb.py try to import standard module ConfigParser that was not bundled
into bzr.exe because bzr itself use another parser for config files
(ConfigObj).

To resolve this problem there is 2 ways:

1) Author of webserve (Goffredo Baroncelli) may switch to use ConfigObj
2) I can bundle ConfigParser to bzr.exe explicitly.

First variant require to change webserve codebase.
Second variant require to make small changes in bzr.dev 'make installer'
process.

I prefer variant 1, mostly because 0.11 already frozen and this changes
is late."

As the OP, I agree that this is not serious enough to warrant breaking the
freeze on 0.11.0

I think that ConfigParser is invoked when setting up the webserve plugin to
work alongside a mainstream
webserver such as apache? It does not seem to be a prerequisite for
deploying webserve's own web
server via 'bzr webserve'. The latter mode of use is sufficient for me at
the present time. Users capable
of running their own installation of apache are probably in a position to
install the python-based
distribution of bzr for windows to support it.

The failure of ConfigParser to import when using bzr.exe has been reported
directly to Goffredo Baroncelli.

deejay

PS: the ability to run an instance of 'bzr webserve' on a local machine to
give a browser interface to
a remote 'conventional' repository is very simple and effective. Try
  bzr webserve --port=9099 "Official repository"
http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr/bzr.dev
and go to http://127.0.0.1:9099....