(desperate) problem with bzr and launchpad

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sun Sep 17 16:05:28 BST 2006

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am experiencing some problems when Launchpad tries to mirror some
> bzr branches. For example, I get (from
> https://launchpad.net/people/rdiaz02/+branch/rjacgh/main)
>
> Launchpad could not mirror this branch at 2006-09-16 19:20:17 CEST.
> The error was: No such file:
> 'http://asterias.bioinfo.cnio.es/bzr/RJaCGH/.bzr/repository/knits/c0/%2552%254aa%2543%2547%2548014.pdf-20060712140550-f8dccb44fc3fae8a.kndx':
>
> HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
> (The exact same thing is happening with
> https://launchpad.net/people/rdiaz02/+branch/pomelo2/main)

> What am I doing wrong? How can I solve it?
>

> Best,

A little bit more diagnosis. I can go to this page:

http://asterias.bioinfo.cnio.es/bzr/RJaCGH/.bzr/repository/knits/c0/

And I can see that the file is there. And if you hover your mouse over
the link, you will see the extra escaping, and the url will match the
one that is failing.

But if you *click* on the link, it gives a 404.

And finally, some hope...

If you can't reconfigure apache, you *can* setup your branch as a
Launchpad hosted branch, rather than hosting it on your own machine, and
then having Launchpad pull from it regularly. It is nice to have
Launchpad do the work for you, but in the short-term, you can do:

bzr push sftp://user@bazaar.launchpad.net/~user/project/branchname

Which for you might be:
bzr push sftp://rdiaz02@bazaar.launchpad.net/~rdiaz02/RJaCGH/main

(Note: Launchpad doesn't currently have a way to switch a branch from
being directly hosted, to being hosted elsewhere and pulled from there.
But you can always rename the current branch, and register another one
at the same location.)