[step 08] request: 12 steps towards a high performance server

Andrew Bennetts andrew at canonical.com
Fri Sep 15 01:48:21 BST 2006

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 12:50:58PM -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> >    http://people.ubuntu.com/~andrew/bzr/lock_read-lock_write-raise-TransportNotPossible/
> >      allow lock_read and lock_write to raise TransportNotPossible.  This branch
> >      accidentally has some refactoring of url handling in transports in it
> >      (possibly really belonging to extra-transport-tests?) too.
>
> I personally prefer to have real tests rather than doc tests where possible.

I tend to like doctests for testable documentation rather than tests too.  In
this case it helps the docstring a little, explaining the behaviour by example.
Also, Martin wrote this bit :)

>          """Return the full url to the given relative path.
>          This can be supplied with a string or a list
>
> We haven't supported a 'list' in a really long time. The docstring
> should be updated.

Ok, I've fixed this.  Thanks.

> This actually has more SFTP refactoring than lock refactoring. So your
> note is a little incorrect, but the code looks good. +1

Yeah, keeping track of the exact purpose of a dozen different related changes
was hard at times.  Thanks for bearing with me!

-Andrew.