Imminent MERGE request: 12 steps towards a high performance server

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Sep 13 17:55:34 BST 2006

>    http://people.ubuntu.com/~andrew/bzr/workingtree-creation-bug-fix/
>      fix, with test, to how make_branch_and_tree makes workingtrees

Since you have already created the branch on the transport at this
point, it would make sense to create a local lightweight checkout.
Though you can't do that if the transport *is* disk-backed, since that
would try to create a lightweight checkout in the same directory as the
existing branch (and the BranchReference would be effectively referring
to itself).

The code that you wrote still assumes that the transport is disk backed.

From what I can tell, the only real change is that you don't require
WorkingTreeFormat2 to be the default tree format. Is there another
actual change that I'm missing?

So I'm okay with the change, as long as you can explain what the change
really is.