[MERGE] bzrlib API to add revision properties to a working tree

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Sep 11 04:51:48 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 10:17 +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> On 08/09/06, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 11:12 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> >
> > > So a couple small comments, but you still have my +1. (I would like BZR
> > > => Bazaar to be resolved, since this is a format on disk, so it lasts a
> > > while).
> >
> > I dont think this can be merged in without a tree format bump no ?
> >
> > Using this api then committing with an older bzr would not do what users
> > of it want for instance.
>
> I guess that's true.  Is there a plan to add a new working tree format
> in the next release?

Dirstate is coming up, as is nested-trees. So, yes soon.

Theres no reason not to add your support in an intermediary format
though. Theres a small amount of glue to write for the next tree format,
to make upgrade smooth, and thats all thats needed. I can detail this if
you are interested in doing that glue.

Rob