remove LocalAbspathServer, LocalRelpathServer

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Sat Aug 26 01:29:56 BST 2006

On 25 Aug 2006, Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> Martin Pool wrote:
> > Getting that wrong makes me think that the current interpretation of -r
> > for bundle could be better.  Perhaps 'bzr bundle -r -2' should give the
> > bundle from -2, similar to bzr diff?
>
> They do have somewhat different goals.  Bundles are supposed to give you
> all the revisions you need to apply the bundle to your target branch.
> If -r were interpreted that way, it would rarely give you all the
> revisions you need.
>
> So for bundles, the most useful meaning for -r seems to be "produce a
> bundles as if this was the last-committed revision".
>
> Additionally, "diff -r" compares a revision to the current working tree,
> not the last-committed revision.  For bundles to behave just like diff,
> we'd first need to implement that 'current:' revision spec, and I'm
> dubious that we really want to mail around bundles based on uncommitted
> changes.

I agree that having -r 2 show a bundle from -2 to current would be bad.
After I thought about it I realized why they're different.  But I still
think it's somewhat undesirable that the meaning of -r is in a sense
different between two commands.  Perhaps it can just be fixed in the
help, or by displaying a message describing what was done.

--
Martin