baz-import-branch: assertion failure

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Aug 24 00:51:22 BST 2006

Howdy all,

[Please reply only to the discussion forum, I subscribe via NNTP.]

I keep the /etc of a few machines under VCS control. I'm trying to
convert one from bazaar 1.x to bazaar 2.

=====
$ bzr baz-import-branch ./rose-etc.mainline/ root at polar.local--rose-2005/etc--mainline--0
mporting root at polar.local--rose-2005/etc--mainline--0 into /home/bignose/Projects/rose-etc.mainlineCleaning up
bzr: ERROR: exceptions.AssertionError:
  at /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/inventory.py line 613
  in detect_changes

$ cat /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/inventory.py | head -n 617 | tail -n 9

    def detect_changes(self, old_entry):
        """See InventoryEntry.detect_changes."""
        assert self.text_sha1 != None
        assert old_entry.text_sha1 != None
        text_modified = (self.text_sha1 != old_entry.text_sha1)
        meta_modified = (self.executable != old_entry.executable)
        return text_modified, meta_modified

$ bzr --version | head -n 1
bzr (bazaar-ng) 0.8.2
$ baz --version | head -n 1
baz Bazaar version 1.4.2 (thelove at canonical.com/dists--bazaar--1.4[bazaar--devo.cfg])
$ aptitude show bzrtools | grep Version:
Version: 0.8.1-1
=====

Again, this is the /etc directory of a private server; I'd rather not
distribute it. What other diagnosis can I do to help address this?

--
 \         "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we |
  `\         despise, we don't believe in it at all."  -- Noam Chomsky |