[ANN] Olive 0.1 released

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Tue Aug 22 13:01:50 BST 2006

Szilveszter Farkas пишет:
> I'm proud to announce the availability of Olive 0.1. Google Summer of
> Code 2006 came to an end today, so I thought the best thing would be
> to release the current code, so people can try it, and report anything
> they want.
>
> All comments are welcome in the form of e-mails and/or bugreports.

I download all dependencies, install and start try your Olive. Very nice
to have GUI on windows.

Few remarks:

1) For windows users is better to create launcher *.bat or at least
rename olive-gtk to olive-gtk.py. You can see in setup.py of bzr itself
how the best way to do this.

2) It seems that your Olive works. But only when installed via setup.py.
Otherwise it cannot to find their icons. And Olive require to have bzr
installed in system. It's OK for end-users, but slightly inconveniently
for developers.

3) On Windows Olive *should* allow to change current drive letter. It's
not Linux where all directories lie in /. On Windows user can
potentially has several drives: C:, D:, etc.

--
Alexander