[merge] Small update to benchmark tests

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Aug 18 17:48:22 BST 2006

I noticed that the new SlowSocket stuff has 1 branch going from remote
to local, 3 push tests, and 2 pull tests.

The attached patch just unifies it to make it more symmetric. It adds 1
initial push from local to remote, and 1 pull 10 revisions.

Also, the 'initial_push' is a pretty critical item for launchpad users.
Since whenever you create a new branch, you have to create a full
ancestry. And the benchmark shows that it is abnormally slow. Probably
something about creating all of those new files.

In my testing, doing a plain push over a slow socket of a new tree is
taking 187s
Where as test_branch only takes 67s to pull the files. And push 100 only
takes 7s.

So we are obviously doing something wrong when creating a new remote tree.