[Bug] 'bzr add --dry-run' actually added files

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Aug 17 05:09:36 BST 2006

Michael Ellerman wrote:
> On 8/17/06, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
>> Alexander Belchenko wrote:

> So why is bzrlib/tests/test_smart_add.py:TestSmartAdd.test_add_dry_run()
> not catching this?
>
> cheers

Because at present, a working tree has to reload it's working inventory
after the disk representation has changed.

Robert and I have discussed it a bit, and we decided that it would be
better if the working inventory was only cached for the period of a read
or write lock. Which would fix these sort of issues.