[Very important] unpleasant news about standalone python programs on windows (i.e. our bzr.exe)

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Wed Aug 16 15:39:29 BST 2006

Recently appears new Trojan horse for Windows that was written in Python
and compiled to standalone executable with py2exe. Some antivirus
software (at least AVG and Kaspersky) adding this kind of executable to
their databases.

Because I also create standalone bzr.exe with py2exe then we potentially
could have false positive alarm from our users.

For details see:
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/weblog/arch_d7_2006_08_12.shtml#e432

and mailing list of py2exe (thread named 'run_w.exe problems').

--
Alexander