detecting version match/mismatch between core/plugins

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Tue Aug 15 14:09:53 BST 2006

>> It would be easy enough to have a version number in the plugin and
>> fail to load it if it's too low or high, it would just
>> require someone to write the code :)
>
>I think its up to the plugin to do that... keeps them more like regular
>python files.

Haven't followed up to last few comments, but I
think I agree that it's the plugin that needs to
have most of the "smarts".  Somewhere else it was
suggested to have some plugins release with versions
that were in lockstep with the core, but that only
works for stable maintream stuff; doesn't seem
intuitive that if I'm coding a new plugin I'd have
to call it 1.2 (even though I want it at 0.1)
so bzr 1.2 will load it...