[MERGE] fix xml serializer for timezone=0

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Aug 14 16:20:45 BST 2006

Martin Pool wrote:

> I'm not sure what the "otherwise" means in #2 - that you will change
> them?

I wasn't sure if it was okay to change timestamp=None => timestamp=0
Because early early bzr revisions actually have timestamp="Not Set"
(they were committed in your AU timezone, but you weren't setting the
timezone at that point).

But I think we can afford a couple bogus TZ=UTC for old versions, rather
than having to continue the legacy of timezone=None.

Right now, if the writer is writing a '0', then the reader will do the
right thing. Changing the reader is just a compatibility hack for any
data that was written incorrectly.

Anyway, attached is a fix for the timezone stuff. I also upgraded the
generic revision tests to be in repository_implementations, since they
tend to depend on the serialization method, and if that ever changes, we
want to know it.