AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'plugins' (tailor vs bzr error)?

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Aug 8 21:33:50 BST 2006

Bob Tanner wrote:
> Sorry for the cross-post, but I'm not sure which tool has a 'bug'. Tailor is
> throwing the error, but you can see that is coming from bzrlib/commit.py.
>
> Is the bug in bzrlib/commit.py or how tailor is invoking Commit().commit()
> or both. :-)

This seems like someone has installed a post-commit hook, which is
trying to use a plugin (like the post-email commit hook).

And Tailor is importing 'bzrlib', but not importing
bzrlib.plugin.load_plugins().

So the commit code is trying to grab the post-commit function which is
configured in ~/.bazaar/bazaar.conf, which tells it to look for
bzrlib.plugins.email....

Anyway, there are several possible fixes:

1) Have them remove the post-commit plugin from ~/.bazaar/bazaar.conf
(or maybe even locations.conf). The user can do this already.
And they probably don't want to send an email for each tailor conversion
anyway.

2) Tailor should probably be calling bzrlib.plugin.load_plugins()

3) We need better handling of when a post-commit action cannot be performed.

none of these are mutually exclusive.