[merge] sftp connection handling

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Jul 31 22:34:07 BST 2006

Well, I went to submit the SSH Exception handling that was written by
metze. Before I submitted it, I had written a test which checks that
when you spawn bzr, it fails with the right exception.

It turns out that the pqm doesn't have 'openssh' installed, so it uses
the paramiko ssh implementation. Which *also* had the same bug (or at
least a similar one).

So I've written a set of tests that make sure that all ssh vendors
either connect properly, or raise ConnectionError when they cannot
connect correctly.

The only thing I don't like is that I have to use 'run_bzr_subprocess'
to avoid getting stipple from the real 'ssh' when the connection fails.
Also, I can't test a real ssh connection because ssh prompts for a password.

Anyway, this is also something I'd like to get in for 0.9. And I'm
satisfied it is ready.

The actual code changes have already been approved, so I just need a
minor review that my test cases are reasonable.